Oral Health-care for children
To Mum & Dad
* Brush 2-3 times daily.
* Rinse mouth with water after eating or drinking.
* Oral health for teeth starts young.
Check teeth after brushing.
Buy a children's brush (soft brissels)
* Motivate by brushing at the same time.
* Floss every day.
* Beware about Nursing bottle syndrome.
* Make sure do not feed your child after brushing before bed (only water).
* Avoid constant snacking or bottle feeding because that feeds bacteria.
* When children are given a bottle at bedtime,this results in prolonged exposure to milk and juice.
* Use your child's pinky finger nail as a mesurement of how much toothpaste to use.
"Nursing bottle syndrome" is caused when a child is given a bottle that contains a carbohydrate (e.g.juice or milk) before bed or naptime that leads to rapid teeth decay and misalignment.